Address: 107 Conistone Way, London, N7 9DE
Freelance Composer with 8 years experience in recording, editing, mixing and mastering.
I have had a life long interest in the relationship between sound and image. Over the last 10 years I have worked on productions and compositions which are focused on the emotional strength of music in collaboration with imagery. Alongside this I have also been committed to expanding my expertise and knowledge of the more technical aspects of the industry; recording, editing, mixing and mastering. With these combinations I believe that I am a strong candidate for a variety of roles within the profession. I adopt a creative and progressive approach, whilst ensuring I meet all deadlines in my projects. I effectively build relationships with all members of a development team and tailor my leadership style appropriately.
Henry VIII The Musical – Orchestrator, sequencing, recording, mixing and mastering
- April 2019 – February 2020
- Produce a complete album for Henry VIII The Musical.
- Orchestrate and sequence piano parts for full orchestra and vocalists
- Record, edit and mix live drums and vocalists for backing tracks
- Mixing engineer to combine both sequenced and live instruments for final album containing full mixes and underscores.
Freelance Audio Engineer and Composer
- September 2017 –
- Working as a freelance audio engineer I assist clients with audio editing/mixing/mastering of podcasts, audiobooks and scores to conform with various formats, lengths and broadcast standards.
- Write original music for films, documentaries and adverts.
- A full understanding of Logic Pro X, Pro Tools, iZotope RX5/6 and Waves plugin suites.
Composer – Hijra
- April 2017 – November 2017 (7 months)
- Composer and mixing engineer for a French documentary
- Composition of music using Spitfire’s Albion V and LABS products, Native Instruments India package and Spectrasonics Omnisphere and Keyscape to create original music under the direction of the producer and director.
- Mixing and mastering of commentary, dialogue and music to EBU R128 broadcast standard.
Sound Editor/Repair – Undiagnosed (Web Series)
- March 2017 – April 2017 (1 month)
- Sound Editor for Undiagnosed (Web Series) Episodes 3, 4, 5, and 6.
- Provide audio editing and repair services to include noise removal, dubbing, and loudness normalisation (EBU R128).
- Fully remix and improve overall sound quality of episodes through FFT analysis, mixing, and mastering.
Recording Assistant at University Of Bristol
- September 2015 – September 2016 (1 year)
- Provide on-location recordings of student recitals and performances in the department and off-site locations around Bristol.
- On completion; mix/master recordings, file and store in the appropriate locations.
- A strong understanding of microphone choice and placement in consideration of sound source and environment.
- A full understanding of microphone set up; X-Y, A-B, Blumlein Pair, M/S, Decca Tree and ORTF.
Co-owner of Secret Crowd Studios at Secret Crowd Studios
- May 2011 – May 2012 (1 year 1 month)
- Graduate co-owner of a start up production company and recording studio
- Daily business tasks included; client acquisition, composing, recording, mixing, mastering.
- Secondary tasks included; management, accounts
- Experience with business management and the responsibilities required to operate the company smoothly
- An understanding of studio builds, acoustic treatment and budget control.
Audio Technician at CTS Studios, De Montfort University
- September 2009 – September 2010 (1 year 1 month)
- Primary focus was to run the studio out of hours and support students with their use of the environment
- Other roles included training students to use the SSL AWS900+ in line with a Pro Tools HD system and outboard equipment
- We were also tasked with teaching students basic microphone care and techniques to enable them to effectively record.
- A full knowledge of the SSL AWS900+ and signal flows required to connect in line with external equipment
- A full understanding of Pro Tools and Logic
- Extremely comfortable with recording and mixing ‘in’ and ‘out’ of the box.
University of Bristol (September 2015 – September 2016)
Master of Arts, Composition of Music for Film and Television
De Montfort University (September 2007 – September 2010)
Bachelor of Arts, Music Technology and Innovation
De Montfort University (September 2006 – September 2007)
HND, Art and Design Foundation
The Leys School, Cambridge (September 2000 – July 2005)
2 A Levels
St.Faiths (1991 – 1999)